Evelyn Lozada’s Daughter Shaniece Cuts & Donates Hair for Cancer

Evelyn Lozada’s Daughter Shaniece Cuts & Donates Hair for Cancer

We’ve met “Basketball Wives” co-star Evelyn Lozada’s 18-year-old daughter, Shaniece Hairston, a few times through her occasional appearances on the show. The college freshman presents as a sweet, somewhat reserved, drama-free young lady.

Yesterday Shaniece shared with us via twitter her decision to chop off her waist length hair for a good cause.  She tweeted to her followers: “I have realized I am not defined by my hair and WILL be cutting it off and donating it to cancer patients.” Just before she unveiled the new look she declared: “In honor of my uncle with cancer. I love u.” [She’s So Major]

Photo Credit: Twitter

Evelyn later tweeted out to her followers: “My daughter @ShanieceH cut her hair off to donate to cancer patients! Words cannot explain how proud I am!”

What a beautiful and selfless thing for a young woman to do.  Folks may have their feelings about Evelyn, but it seems she’s raised a really good girl.  Love the new look, Shaniece!

15 Responses to Evelyn Lozada’s Daughter Shaniece Cuts & Donates Hair for Cancer

1. Bruce says:

My most favourite moment off of BBW season five (5) will probably be a scene from last night where Tami got her ass up from the dinner table acting the fool and my friend Evelyn Lozada sat there totally unmoved at all it was epic for me. Shaniece, I was like Boom, Boom, bitch (laughing) take that and yelling at Vh1 to put it on pause or give me a replay. Evelyn Lozada we are soo, soo proud of you and wish we could be in New York to see you in person on 9/24/13 cheers baby cheers!!

2. Monroe says:

Hey Blondie!!!

3. Christopher says:

Beautiful young woman inside and out can’t wait to view her Maxim Magazine photo’s!!!

4. AC says:

I think by this gesture she is proving she is not defined by her MOTHER, rather than her hair. Good for her. (What a poor example her mother is, but then who knows how real reality tv is anyway…)

5. Awww… that’s such a great thing to do. So generous of her! And her new hair cut is so pretty.

Lovely thing to do. Plus, she could be bald and still be gorgeous.

7. SiBonita says:

i agree — not the biggest fan of evelyn, but she def seems to have raised a really sweet, reserved girl! and that was really cool of her to do that, because i’m sure like many pp with long hair, that was kind of her “safety blanket” and something that made her feel feminine and pretty. whatever..i’m sure that jont will grow back by the spring, LOL.

8. sunshine says:

That is awesome! My best friend did that for me when I was diagnosed.

9. that is going to make a super bomb weave!