Nicki Minaj at #NYFW Prabal Gurung 2012 Runway Show

Nicki Minaj at #NYFW Prabal Gurung 2012 Runway Show

Not surprisingly, Nicki Minaj is making her own [bold] statements during Mercedes Benz New York Fashion Week.  She attended the Prabal Gurung 2012 Runway Show this afternoon and went all out in a Betsey Johnson tutu, Shojono Tomo rainbow leggings (3990.0 Japanese Yen = $51.44 US Dollar), pink/purple/turquoise leotard, and blue suede Giuseppe Zanotti suede wedge pumps. She accessorized with a hot pink pretzel necklace by Onch, multi-colored bangle bracelets, and an over-sized pink bow.

I think she looks perfectly adorable… I mean, it’s NY Fashion Week! Now is the time to be “over the top,” you know?  I only wonder if folks were able to pay attention to the main event with Nicki sitting in the front row (alongside model Elettra Wiedemann) in this showstopping ensemble.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Following the show, Nicki tweeted: “Ok so the new Prabal Gurung collection is to die for. Just left his fashion show. Gagging! My lovely date John Demsey of MAC was adorable!”

12 Responses to Nicki Minaj at #NYFW Prabal Gurung 2012 Runway Show

1. I actually like her tights. And her pumps.

Well, at least she’s having fun. Elettra next to her looks so chic! I worked with John Demsey when I was at Estee Lauder. Small world

3. Mrs Pancakes says:

That is really over the top! I guess she is an entertainer and can get away with that look. If I saw her on the street I would think she was manic!!

Love the pieces but not all together. I think her outfit was a bit misplaced for a fashion show. It’s like a guest trying to upstage the bride by wearing a wedding dress too.

Yeah, that was my thought too. It’s like, dude, you’re cute and all… but why you trying to steal the show!!? Lmaoo!!! Ehh well, that’s Nicki I guess. She wouldn’t be herself if she came in a quiet, conservative little outfit.

5. Shey says:

I think she looks like an idiot. Her style comes off to me as just wanting attention. reminds me of gaga

LOL!!!! I agree with you that she is definitely looking for attention in this outfit. And she’s got it. Look at that… images of her all over the web in this get-up, with far fewer of the actual runway show. *smh*

6. *sigh*…..I wanna root for her fashion then she fails me. Welp..I liked the eye shadow. LOL