Artfully Pregnant

Artfully Pregnant

Photo Credit: People Magazine

Actress Tia Mowry for People Magazine.  On posing for the photo:  “I feel empowered; I feel sexy.”

Photo Credit: The Fader

Album art for Taragana Pyjarama’s new EP

Photo Credit: Life & Style Magazine

On her photo shoot with Life & Style, singer Mariah Carey stated: “I didn’t want to miss this opportunity to document this once-in-a-lifetime experience.”

Photo Credit: Marie Claire

Christina Aguilera naked and in a pair of sexy Christian Louboutins for Marie Claire!

Photo Credit: Jose Freeman

At 35 weeks pregnant with my first son I knew I wanted to capture this special time in my life, so I decided to take maternity portraits.

Photo Credit: American Baby Magazine

With my second pregnancy I was featured in the September 2010 issue of American Baby, memorializing that time as well.

A huge Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms, brand new and seasoned veterans alike.  Hope the day was special for you and your family!

35 Responses to Artfully Pregnant

1. Lois says:

Yakinki I love how you incorporate your own photos in your blog. I hope I look that great when I’m preggo lol

2. Tshego says:

WOW, you are looking sooooooooooooo good.

WOW! Yakini, you are the most beautiful pregnant woman EVER! You put the celebs to shame.

4. Oh Prissy, I love your pregnancy pictures!

Thanks Samantha!!! 😀 I’m very proud of them – and so glad I took the time to do it. There’s only one 1st pregnancy, you know?

5. I LOVE maternity pictures. Maybe one day I’ll post mine. YYours are beautiful.

6. You make pregnancy look hot, hot, HOTT! SO gorg! oh yea… and Tia looks pretty sweet as well.

Thank you lady!!!! 🙂
      Tia is SO adorable! I admire her confidence. If I had taken a “guess” based on her TV personality, I would never have thought she was the type to do this. That just goes to show we really don’t know anything at all about a person based on how they present on screen. Awesome!

7. Nika says:

wow, your pictures look beautiful!

8. Ellen says:

You look gorgeous! Both in the preggers pics & the magazine article. AND it’s a great keepsake to have of your pregnancy. Oh and you put Mariah to shame. 🙂

Thank you Ellen!!!! I loved my maternity photo shoot – the photographer was great and made me feel very comfortable and beautiful! 🙂
      P.S. Can’t wait to see you again – I know you’ve got that “glow”!!

9. NYCSingleMom says:

Wow, thats is fantastic. You looks so beautiful. Demi Moore aint gotten nothing on you.

10. Artfully pregnant..im all for it…like Tia said im sure one feels empowered and sexy! I haven’t been there yet but i am sure when i get pregnant…i will love to take artful pix too..

Mrs. Pancakes, when I was pregnant I felt extremely beautiful. My skin was clear and glowing, my hair had never been thicker or more lustrous, my eyes were bright and clear. Of course, every woman’s pregnancy is different, but I can only speak for mine! So I can totally see where Tia is coming from. I didn’t necessarily feel “sexy,” per se… but I felt really attractive and happy throughout both of my pregnancies.

11. Patty says:

Your pregnancy pictures are gorgeous! I think a woman is beautiful when she is pregnant. I hope one day to be so lucky to be a mom. Love it!

I think pregnancy is something that should be memorialized and that should make women feel empowered and sexy. I know that some ppl feel like pregnant women shouldn’t do sexy pregnancy pics but aren’t we past all the craziness of being ashamed of nude bodies?

Amen! 🙂 Proud of Tia for going for it. While I am a little too conservative to ever go FULLY nude, I applaud those who are able to do so (in a tasteful manner).

13. Shelly says:

Not to say the other ladies are not beautiful but your maternity photos are the yummiest of all! I still look at them occasionally at your other blog. I still remember Tia as a 13 year old! Her grandmother lived in our old neighborhood in Miami and we would see the twins here and there.

Thank you so much Shelly!!!
      Oh wow, that is neat that you all lived close to the Mowry girls’ grandmother. I’ve loved them since Sister, Sister! (I guess they were about that age and filming the show when you all were in Miami…?)

14. Your maternity pics are beautiful! I didn’t do any, think I waited to late. I am not sure how I feel about the Naked ones.

Thanks girl!
      Agreed. While I find the nude photos artful and beautiful, it really isn’t for me. Pregnant or otherwise, I would never “bare all” before any camera lens.

15. You are still the prettiest preggers lady I know! 🙂