Nicki Minaj for W Magazine

Nicki Minaj for W Magazine

UPDATE: Nicki Minaj Custom Barbie Doll by Mattel to be Auctioned for Charity

In an interesting turn of events, Nicki Minaj is now gracing the cover of the November 2011 Art & Fashion issue of W Magazine. In the spread famed artist Francesco Vezzoli transforms Nicki into a sophisticated 18th-century courtesan. She poses in a range of beautiful, vintage couture throughout the shoot.

I think this fashion spread would be so much prettier if she wasn’t making slightly strange faces in these photos, and doing weird things with her eyes. Goodness! *sigh* But I guess Nicki is just being Nicki.  Still a gorgeous, artistic spread.  From Harajuku Barbie to animated rapper, I definitely appreciate the versatility in the roles and personas she takes on.

Nicki Minaj as Jeanne Antoinette Poisson, Marquise de Pompadour

Western Costume Company’s lace and silk brocade dress. Mastoloni 18k white gold, cultured pearl, and diamond bracelets.

Nicki Minaj as Jeanne Bécu, Comtesse du Barry

Dior Haute Couture’s silk chiffon embroidered dress. Mastoloni 18k white gold, cultured pearl, and diamond bracelets; vintage Manolo Blahnik shoes

Nicki Minaj as Françoise Athénaïs de Rochechouart de Mortemart, Marquise de Montespan

Dior Haute Couture’s silk embroidered ensemble. Saint Vintage brass and vintage Czech glass bead necklace (in hair); David Yurman 18k yellow gold and pearl necklace.

Nicki Minaj as Madame Barbe De Rimsky Korsakov

Vera Wang’s garza and French tulle ballgown.

Photo Credit: W Magazine

24 Responses to Nicki Minaj for W Magazine

1. halle says:

She looks crazy. I literally mean crazy. I know a schizophrenic on prolixin who looks at you the same way she does.

2. Missskitttin says:

Wow she’s not as ugly as I thought!

3. sweet cheeks says:

damn she looks like she is on meth. on a sick azz one huh? hahah lol eyes look dilated like crazy.

4. Ick says:

These photos look really weird. Almost like some face in a hole pics. The last one with her holding hair is the closest thing to being ok. Weird and creepy.

Ick

5. Toni says:

B*&#h ain’t pretty at all. She stole it all from Lil Kim.

6. She’s an attractive woman, but the bug eyes and the weird smirks really take away from the finished look. I think the one where she’s yanking on her braid is probably the best of the bunch. That being said, though, if these are the ones that W chose to print, imagine what was left in the editing room!

Hilary, I agree with you. I was disappointed in this shoot only because I know it could have been so much more. However, I wonder if they didnt select the photos for the very reason that she looked deranged/weird. Maybe they didnt want the normal pretty ones?
      And i agree, the last one is the most beautiful.

7. Lucretia says:

Stunning photos, every one. I only wish there were more! I was ever so suprised to see Nikki in such an artistic, classical light. I am very impressed.

8. Mari says:

She looks Beautiful! She has a beautiful face:)

9. I’m with you, Yakini… what is going on with her eyes?! It’s totally creeping me out.

The last one is pretty but yeah they’re a little strange for me.

11. THIS I approve! She looks absolutely amazing and gorgeous!! I mean so so gorgeous..the mix of art and style.

12. Tami says:

I would LOVE to know who approved this darn photos! She look the fool! Really W Magazine? What a waste of time lol. #fail

Right! My thing is, the concept is nice. In fact, I love the idea of her posed in classic Renaissance gowns and settings. BUt….. everything about her facial expressions and poses is all wrong. 🙁 They could’ve done better with this.