Tracee Ellis Ross is BACK!

Tracee Ellis Ross is BACK!

Tracee Ellis Ross for Essence – September 2011

Long known for her signature red lip, big natural hair, quirky sense of humor, and eccentric style, Tracee is back on the scene with a new show in the works.  I am so excited to see her return to the small screen and style scene.  Even before “Single Ladies,” I used to watch “Girlfriends” religiously, not only for the dramatic story-line, but to see what my favorite fashionista would be bringing that week!

Before becoming an actress, Tracee was a fashion editor for both New York Magazine and Mirabella.  Her fashion sense is completely her own – sans stylist.  What can I tell you? The girl is bad! Let’s take a peek inside Tracee’s closet, and then review some of her past fashions (on and off the red carpet) shall we?

Photo Credit: InStyle

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Tracee Ellis Ross in Prada Lip Print Dress at 5th Annual Pre-BET Awards Celebration Dinner

Photo Credit: Zimbio

Tracee Ellis Ross at Elle Magazine 25th Anniversary party at The Museum of Modern Art

Photo Credit: Zimbio

Tracee Ellis Ross at grand opening of Target East Harlem in New York City.

Photo Credit: Zimbio

Tracee Ellis Ross at 2011 BET Awards

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Tracee Ellis Ross at Decadestwo Grand Re-opening Celebration

Photo Credit: Getty Images

“Reed Between the Lines,” the new sitcom starring Tracee Ellis Ross and Malcolm Jamal Warner, is filmed in Atlanta and scheduled to premiere October 11, 2011 on BET.  Tracee plays Dr. Carla Reed, a busy psy­chi­a­trist, wife, and mom strug­gling to bal­ance career and family, while Malcolm will play an English professor.

Will you be tuning in?

18 Responses to Tracee Ellis Ross is BACK!

1. Tiffany says:

I love her. I am so happy that I will get to see her agian on tv. She is my style icon. Have I said I love her.

I love a glimpse into a fabulous closet!

3. She is always so well p ut together..but her hair troubles me as usual. LMAO! It always looks mad dry. I wanna yell “GET SOME MIXED CHICKS..CAROL”S DAUGHTER>>SOMETHING!”

LOL!!! Oh lawd – I have never noticed that! She’s got so much daggone hair. I do like that she wears it big/natural as opposed to always pressing it straight.

4. She’s definitely got style. And I’m so in love with her hair! LOL. ‘m so happy she’s coming back too!

I love her hair too, and i like that she usually wears it big/curly/natural as opposed to always pressing it straight/mainstream. That’s whats up.

5. She is truly flawless. She’s the epitome of style and class.I’m sure she’ll bring the same great fashion sense to her new show. Great post!

i am looking forward to the show! it’s always pleasant to see Theo in his roles lol. and tracee ellis ross is such a great actress….i love how goofy she gets, LOL. it’s hard to actually be funny but still glamorous. i love how she embraces her big natural hair–you rarely ever see her with it straightened, highlighted, etc.

I know!!! I agree! It’s extremely refreshing to see Malcolm in anything he does.
      And I love that Tracee isn’t afraid to be silly – it doesn’t take away from her beauty at all, and actually enhances it! She seems so comfortable in her own skin.

7. Thanks for the review of her style. Definitely a diva, and I love it!! I really liked her in Girlfriends……and will definitely check her new show out this fall.

8. Tami says:

She has great stye! Absolutely love her to pieces! xoxo

9. I love everything about her! she is super chic! i hope her new sitcome does well…i will be watching in october!