Style Profile | Inga Elle

Style Profile | Inga Elle

Dress: H&M | Shoes: Steve Madden | Belt: Bebe | Clutch: Steve Madden

How would you describe your personal style?

You know, I wouldn’t say that I have a particular style. My style is basically what I am feeling like that day. I would definitely say that I tend to stay away from trends. I like unconventional style. I’m very simple in terms of style . I’m not big on accessories. A bangle or two is usually enough. I feel my sexiest in a pair of skinny jeans and a white tank, with a pair of my favorite heels.

Who is your style icon?

Can I name more than one? Because there’s definitely more than one. Anyone who knows me well, knows that Tracee Ellis Ross is my ultimate style Goddess and muse. There is never a day when she’s not looking top notch. Her style is very unique; it isn’t for everyone. That’s that unconventional thing I mentioned earlier. She just has “it.” I also love Alexis Phifer (fashion designer and Kanye West’s ex-fiancé). And Rihanna is easily on my list of women who make me do a double take. I always look forward to seeing what look she’s going to come up with next. Her style is forever evolving.

Best fashion or beauty advice

Less is more. Simple is sexy.

Where can we find you on the web?

Blog: girlandthecity.tumblr.com

Twitter: @1Elle

31 Responses to Style Profile | Inga Elle

1. Oh now Inga is working it! Gorgeous! I love the idea of keeping the ensemble simple but then I add on the accessories because I am an accessories queen!

The latest Instyle Makeover edition has it’s 50 best fashion tips and number 39 is “if you have a limited budget, spend it on accessories.” That’s me. I’m Nordstom Rack, Off Saks & TJ Maxx all day, but I love to spice it up with accessories.

And its funny, because accessories are the one thing im looking to step up in my wardrobe now. They are sadly lacking. Ya’all are all inspiration for me. 🙂

2. nabs says:

I was totally waiting for the day inga was featured! She has always been a fashionista!! And ditto @ ur comment toward stacie!! They BOTH are lil’ thangs, lol! And can we talk about how fab inga’s hair (always) looks!! I see she is back to dying it jet black, lol!

I know!!!
      Ever since the Xanga days – no, forget that, the BP days, Inga has had a bomb style that’s all her own.
      And yes, LOVE her hair and that she is not afraid to make changes (be it a short cut, layers, bangs, whatev!)

i totally agree with her advice that simple is better! i too feel sexiest in just a white tshirt and jeans. then you can go a little more crazy with the makeup and hair 🙂 she looks great in that dress and the shoes are so cute, too!

Gorg! I totally agree with simplicity and avoiding trends (except every now and again 😉

I’m with you on that! Riding the trends ALL the time is silly and can get expensive…. but it sure doesn’t hurt to indulge every once and again. And yes, Inga looks FAB!

5. Indrani says:

She looks GOOOOOOD!

6. Comedy Plus says:

Well she looks fabulous!

7. Niqua Moore says:

Inga always looks great.  I knew Tracey Ellis would probably be one of her muses but I just knew she would name “Mrs. Sarah Jessica Parker”.  I agree simple is always better and sexier. *thumbs up*

Great review Yakini

8. SiBonita says:

i HEART inga!! her flyness truly is effortless, and i agree that less is more. not a fan of a bunch of accessories , either. some hoop earrings — and i’m good!

and that dress is such a party dress…a couple switches of the hips, and boom…tina turner, lol. 🙂

so effortless!
      lmaoo @ “a couple switches of the hips, and boom… tina turner.” so true! and inga said she was “shimmying all night in that dress” Love it!!!

9. Stacie says:

Aww! My Inga Binga, lol! I remember this dress. Looking good and flawless as always. With yo lil’ self, lol!

10. Shantel says:

She aight!! Just playing!! She’s my go to stylist when I have something major going on… she always looks fab.

11. Inga says: