4th of July Fashion Looks… From My Closet!

4th of July Fashion Looks… From My Closet!

Independence Day is around the corner and I’m still not sure what I’m wearing! My girlfriend and I are having a Girls’ Night Out, which will include drinks at a nearby lounge, show in the city, and dinner to follow.  I pulled a few red, white, and blue separates from my closet and threw together a few looks to see what might be cute.

Would love your help in deciding what to wear!  What do you love, what do you hate? Let me know what you think about my choices and/or use the anonymous poll below and cast your vote. 🙂

Skirt: Bebe | Belt: Wet Seal | Top: U-Knit | Shoes: Nine West | Necklace: Andrew Hamilton Crawford

Top: Thrifted | Gauchos: Forever 21 | Shoes: Jessica Simpson

Top: Mandee | Jeggings: Macy’s | Belt: Forever 21 | Shoes: Via Spiga

Top: H&M | Leggings: JCPenney | Shoes: Via Spiga

Top: Hot Topic | Jeggings: Macy’s | Belt: Thrifted | Shoes: Nine West

If you missed my segment on The Pulse Network’sThe Look,” you can catch me dishing about hot 4th of July fashion ideas HERE!

24 Responses to 4th of July Fashion Looks… From My Closet!

1. Diana Aguilar says:

That’s hot!!! I love stripes too. i agree that outfit #2 makes you look a bit shapeless.

2. Tami says:

You have the cutest shape! You’re hippy like me yeah!

3. Joules says:

I’m a little late to the party, but the first outfit is a hot look! You look gorgous! Hope you had a great ladies night:)

How did I miss this?! What did you end up wearing?

5. I would have put the red white and blue striped top with the blue jeans and blue shoes.

6. Lovely outfits! My favorite was the first one, with the skirt. 🙂

7. The first and third looks are my favorite. but you’re gorgeous… you could rock anything!

8. Yakini… you are hott, hott, HOTT! Wowsa, lady… you look great in every picture. I love the H&M top and JCPenney’s leggings a lot because it’s fun, easy, and comfortable, yet stylish! Perfect for a summer night out! Bummed that I missed the voting, but what’d you end up wearing?

9. Tiara says:

Am I too late? I am a sucker for a pencil skirt! I’d say number one. Can we discuss how awesome you look!? You make us Mommies soo proud! When do we get the update on what you wore?

10. osato says:

I love the last one. Btw you have such a nice figure and hair is fab!

11. Nonie says:

I have the same taste as @Nika. I love the first outfit. Looks very classy and smart…and I like the last outfit minus the belt. I think you have a beautiful body and the T-shirt will naturally show your waist without the need for the belt. Or maybe I just don’t like it at your waist. It might work a little lower like at the level of the jean’s waistline.

While the first outfit looks classy and smart and date-worthy, the last one looks relaxed and fun.

12. Mimi says:

I love jeggings. Although my pick is not on the popular list I love the look of the red and white stripes with the jeggings.

13. Lisa says:

Hi Yakini,
    I love your blog and you are too gorgeous! I really liked the gauchos because they look so comfy and maybe because I have on some right now 🙂 …looks like I’m the only one who thought that was the best. The first one is dressy for all day but excellent for a night on the town. You have to be relaxed in all the heat, bbqs, fireworks, etc. However, ALL of them are great and you look stunning in ALL of them! Happy 4th and keep doing what you do!
    Btw: Did you ever get my emails? Thanks

14. Nika says:

LOVE the first outfit, it’s the epitome of classy and sexy and you look AWESOME in it.

I also love the last outfit, it’s HOTT!

so it’s a tie for me 😉

15. SiBonita says:

you look awesome in ALL of these! i voted for 4 (the stripes/leggings), mainly because it was something i would wear for myself (lol), but also, i really do love stripes. but since the jeggings are so cute, i would even suggest rocking the stripe shirt with the jeggings.

but as you mentioned, the first outfit is def your “signature look” 🙂 and there’s nothing wrong with keeping it classic!

can’t wait to hear what you end up choosing…if you’re anything like me, you will end up choosing a brand new outfit you threw together at the very last minute LOL– that creative energy and pressure sometimes give me the rush to go in a completely opposite direction! (very risky, though, so i’m not suggesting you try this, lmao)

16. Im digging the Leggings and the red and white stripes. PERFECT!

I think that if you pair the red, white and blue knit top with the blue leggings and red pumps you’d have a killer outfit. However, if I had to choose one of the outfits you put together I really like the first one. It’s sexy and classy.

omg you look so cute in all of these!! i’m so not used to seeing you looking all dolled up, young, and hip >:0 not interested!! lol jk. i agree that outfit #2 makes you look a bit shapeless. you should choose one or the other–a loose top or loose bottoms. love that sweater, but I think a white capri legging or something would look better with it!

my favorite is the last outfit, you look super young and cute. but if you’re going for comfort, i really like the red/white stripe top with blue legging. and 3rd place i like the first outfit, because it’s a little more dressy/sexy for a lounge! but it may be more constricting than the pants, so it’s up to you!

19. Fatima says:

The white pencil skirt with the red belt is the hottest to me! It’s mod-conserv but with a sex in the city twist!

20. I voted for the red and white striped top with jeggings….I love stripes. You look cute, that last outfit is muy caliente!!

21. Meka says:

First of all you are looking Fab!! The first outfit is my fav!!! I like the top that’s with the gauchos, but I don’t like the gauchos. Maybe one of the jeggings would look better. That outfit does not show off your cute figure. I like the third and fourth, they are cute and really capture the theme. The last outfit, you look hot, but I am not sure if its for the type of night you described. The first is a modern version of the classic shots where we see the ladies greeting the soldiers. You are sooo cute! Chase and Bryce have the hot mom!!!! Wear the last outfit and I think your hubby might snatch you up to make some fireworks 😉 and that will be the end of girlfriend night, lol! Have a great time!