Lil’ Kim & Nicki Minaj in Versace Resort

Lil’ Kim & Nicki Minaj in Versace Resort

One man’s trash is truly another man’s treasure.

I think Lil’ Kim looks super cute here with bestie Natalie Nunn.  But if you read through comments in the fashion blogs, folks have been really dogging her out – namely, “her outfit looks straight out of Rainbow… the yellow belt is gaudy…the Versace Resort 2011 lace up platform sandals are too loud and look cheap.”

Well color me tacky, because I think she looks adorable!  I would so rock this look for Summer 2011.  Get ’em Kim!

Photo Credit: Kodak Boi at Kidd U Not

Photo Credit: Style.com

In an interesting coincidence, Kim’s “arch nemesis” Nicki Minaj also wore the sandals in her “Super Bass” video.

Photo Credit: The Fashion Bomb Blog

16 Responses to Lil’ Kim & Nicki Minaj in Versace Resort

Love the outfit. It’s all the plastic surgery that’s the real issue. She hardly looks recognizable in some shots. She’s always been an envelope pusher when it comes to fashion.

Yeah, her fashion is great. I was surprised that folks were hatin on this outfit.
      Aaah, the plastic surgery overkill saddens me with Kim. However, I think this is one of her better pictures… considering.

2. I actually like the color combo. She has always been known to take risks. Remember the grammy’s when she had one boob hanging out and Diana Ross was poking at ’em on stage, I believe?

lolol, i do remember that! she had one boob out with a little sparkly applique. and diana ross slapped it from underneath. that was hysterical!!!! a classic lil’ kim moment.

3. nabs says:

ditto to all the comments! it’s always refreshing when someone isn’t afraid to experiment with colors.

i actually like the outfit too! i think it’s her face/makeup/hair that makes everything look gaudy and over the top.

It’s a lot of look but she’s a doll. My cousin’s boyfriend does maintenance work for her and she is apparently very cool and nice to work for…

Aww, that is nice to hear! Too often we hear about these celebs acting like “divas,” so glad to hear she is cool and down-to-earth.

6. I love the look!! Its fun and flirty…

7. She does look cute compared to other photos! I do like the dress, wouldn’t mind having that my self!

Yeah, it was refreshing to come across these photos of her. It’s been a while since I’ve seen Kim looking genuinely “cute.”

8. Fatimah says:

I like the colors! I think she looks fine! Now that wig and blush are another story. Kim is Kim…the Queen Bee! LOL