“Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” Costume Institute Gala at The Met

“Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” Costume Institute Gala at The Met

Last night was the holy grail of red carpet fashion.  The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s annual Costume Institute  gala paid tribute to the late and legendary designer Alexander McQueen

Among my fav fashionistas of the night are:

Sarah Jessica Parker paying homage to the late designer in a gown from the McQueen archives

Rihanna in a one shoulder lace gown byStella McCartney

Blake Lively sparkling in a Chanel toga

Joan Smalls in a long-sleeved, floor length Tom Ford gown

Kerry Washington in mint green Escada

Carmello Anthony in all black and LaLa Vazquez in a tulle blush one shoulder Vera Wang gown

Keri Hilson in a knit grey Versace dress finished with a tulle train

Photo Credit: Getty Images

34 Responses to “Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty” Costume Institute Gala at The Met

1. Thelma Schwartz says:

I love the simplicity of Joan’s gown as well, Sukhmandir! It reminds me of spring and just makes me feel happy!

2. John says:

Speaking of, Rihanna as always is getting a lot of grief for her latest video Man Down which features the idea of revenge by women on sexual predators. I say good luck to her, if women are shown in videos as stronger then that’s fine by me.

Hmmm, i have mixed feelings about it. Always a fan of women’s empowerment – but I dont condone violence, under any circumstance.

3. I’m really feeling SJP’s gown and hair and make-up. And I love that color on Kerry Washington. So gorg!

SJP is just flawless from the top to the bottom. I will always adore her.
      And yes, the color of Kerry’s dress is beautiful!!! It reminds me of spring and just makes me feel happy!

4. Meryl says:

Great fashions!

5. Joules says:

Blake is just loverly.

6. I prefer Joan Small as the most understated. Have a hard time relating to this type of clothing the gowns are pretty and all, but find the whole glitz and glam thing over the top. I have a dressy occasion type outfit hanging in my closet for a decade unworn because although it’s beautiful, I can’t think of an occasion where I’d ever really wear it.

I love the simplicity of Joan’s gown as well, Sukhmandir! And yes, not sure when I’d have any occasion to wear any of these… although I’d love to! LOL

7. all so pretty, and I bet cost a pretty $ too! Tho I think some get their gowns loaned by the designer?

Oh, definitely cost a pretty penny!!! But I do think that the designers loan most of them, because that’s the best free advertising they can get.

These dresses are just so gorgeous. Really works of art. And so is Carmello Anthony. YUM

9. LI says:

I love Sara Jessia and Rihana’s look COMPLETELY!

Best,
    Li
    @LaLicenciada
    @HerDeepThoughts

10. Love me some SJP. That Joan chick looks hot!

11. These dresses are gorgeous!

12. Mitch says:

I’m gonna go straight after thse pics!
    Not!
    But almost!

13. Not sure who Joan small is..but I LOVe that gown!

14. Patty says:

WOW! SJP and Kerry Washington are my favs! They look amazing! 🙂

Great pics. I would have loved to have seen Lala’s dress in a different color cuz her tan was throwing it off a bit.

If I had to change one thing about her gown I wish the fit was a little bit better. I’m also not a fan of the Cinderella/wedding style gown for this type of event, but she looks adorable nonetheless.