The Braxton Sisters Hit the Pink Carpet

Toni Braxton, sister Tamar, Mama Evelyn, and sisters Trina, Towanda, and Traci are dazzling on the pink carpet at the WEtv launch party for their new show Braxton Family Values that premiered on April 12th.  The show gives an inside look at the lives and drama of the Braxton ladies.

Photo Credit: Getty Images

Toni is nothing but the truth in this white hot mini dress!

Toni is wearing a creation by Mychael Knight for the Fall 2010 Carte Blanche Collection.

l to r: Bika, Yakini, Sibo, Nabs

My three sisters and I have long been a fan of the Braxtons (who, incidentally, are from Maryland too) since we’re also a family of predominantly women – no brothers.  We can relate to the girl power! Whether it’s the Braxtons, the Kardashians, or whomever… we tend to enjoy shows that feature sisters – kindred spirits, if you will.

31 Responses to The Braxton Sisters Hit the Pink Carpet

1. lashay coker says:

i don’t blame tamar braxton im sixteen years old my classroom had a talent i was scaerd to sing in front of everybody and remeber what tamar said

2. Elsie Wilkinson says:

I know!!!!! That’s my favorite look on her. feeling this show. I think the Mc-W sisters are way hotter than the Braxtons!

3. I am such a huge fan of the sisters….i cannot get enough of TAMAR! she is a riot and fabulous in a good way!

4. Karen says:

Sorry, I love me some Toni, but TAMAR, just makes me want to throw up. Rather abrasive! Baby, you have a lot to learn. Start with LOVE, love thy neighbor as thyself. You my dear have issues and that’s the TRUTH.com. Made me click the channel. Nasty attitude, bad part about it, she can sing, jealousy and envy are blocking her blessings.

The sister with the open marriage, Lord have mercy! I give the show a C-. Will not be watching. Family values…don’t think so.

Love your commentary, Karen! Funny thing is I’ve been so busy I’ve yet to watch the show. I’ve got it tivo’ed and waiting to catch up one weekend…

But you’re not the first I’ve heard express those sentiments about Tamar. I think she evokes a strong reaction in everyone!

• Bika says:

I agree! Tamar was soo annoying and over-the-top. I don’t know if I will keep watching regularly either…

5. Toni is the truth? Ummm you and your sisters are the TRUTH! Love that picture! Toni does look super gorg in that white mini… so cute. I’ve always loved her. (“Ooh, I get so high; when I’m around you baby; I can touch the sky; You make my temperature rise…”)

Thanks Alicia!!!! :D

And yesssss, such a Toni Braxton fan. Love her voice, her music, and how she always keeps it classy (hence, why Im seriously hoping she decides not to accept that recent offer to do Playboy)

O.M.G.! You and your sisters are ridiculous! How beautiful you all are. So funny that you have two boys coming from an estrogen-filled fam.

I always loved Toni and I’m glad to see she still has that smokin hot bod. Had no idea she had all those sisters.

I know, Jill – that’s the irony in it! To come from all girls and then produce two boys – hahahaha!!!

I know, so glad for Toni! Even with being sick and all, she has really continued to take care of herself. I’m sure that isn’t easy. Happy for her!

7. You and your sisters are gorg!!! You should have a singing group also : ). I must say I am feeling this show.

8. Patty says:

Gorgeous sisters! :)

9. I think the Mc-W sisters are way hotter than the Braxtons! LOL :)

10. I totally understand this family dynamic. I have 4 sisters so I understand some of the “issues” the Braxton sisters face. But their show seems to be a mess.I can’t stop watching it. I’m sure if my sisters and I had a reality show we’d be viewed as a big ole mess too.

11. nabs says:

love, love, loooooove my girl with her hair in the short do. loves it!!!

12. SiBonita says:

LOVE this post and this pic of us!! having nothing but sisters is the BEST. so much of who i am is because of that. :) and yesss, ma’am, miss toni! all of them look great! and you know who really looks good — their mom!

btw, so random — but when i went to school in atlanta, me and my girls did all those college and Bronner Bros. fashion shows, and got to model several things for Mychael Knight! he is sooo cool and down to earth! i doubt he would remember my young college nobody self now, lol, but it was def cool to see him on Project Runway after that…super talented and much deserving of his success!

Oh sweet, I used to love your fashion show pics and the outfits – that’s so cool that it was Mychael Knight and that he’s since come so far. Good for him!

Yeah, there’s definitely something quite special about having all sisters, and no brothers, that you’ve got to experience in order to understand. :-)

13. Shelly says:

Yakini, look at your gorgeous sister crew! I too come from a family of all girls :)

BTW, that Toni Braxton has a bangin’ body!! I am sitting here holding my stomach in! haha :)

Oh wow, Shelly, I didn’t know we had that in common!

Yesssss, Toni looks amazing – two children, at that. And to be battling lupus and undergoing steroid treatments… she is doing it. I’m so incredibly happy for her and her sisters.

14. You ladies are so pretty! If I have more girls I want them all to be beautiful like that!

15. Daphne says:

According to the Fashion Bomb, Toni’s dress is designed by Mychael Knight. It is from his Fall 2010 Carte Blanche Collection. Love your blog by the way!!!!!